If I was a rock




 If I was a rock 


If I was a rock I would be still. Just there existing. No thought because I would have no brain. No complaints because I simply could not complain. It would not be in the cards. But wouldn’t it be crazy if I was a rock with a brain? Now that would be something else wouldn’t it? 

If I was a rock, I would be at the will of what moved me. An animal or human could pick me up and throw me. Or dare I say try to eat me. I wouldn’t be able to move unless someone or something moved me. Forces of nature and all that jazz. There would be no need to escape. I could be come air bound from the land towards the sea. Covering all terrain in one fell swoop. I would most likely be surrounded by other rocks. I would be part of a much bigger rock landscape. A tiny spec in the vastness of the universe. Alas, I would be subject to the weather. I would eventually erode and become smaller. Over many years I would change form. It would depend where I landed. In the water I would most likely degrade faster from the flow of the currents. 

Rocks are solid and hard and that’s what I would be in rock form. Almost impenetrable to the elements. Unless of course I was subject to some man made rock breaker or dissolver. Depending on my size I could be broken in two or many pieces from a hammer or mallet. If I was a huge rock it would take quite a bit of effort to break me apart. Would I then be two rocks if I was a rock that was broken into two? How about that. If I was a conscious rock, would my consciousness split into the two pieces or would the other piece just be a part of my rock body? Like and arm, leg or abstract appendage. I could be broken up into millions of small pieces like sand or dust. 

If I was a rock that was big enough and beautiful enough I could be turned into a sculpture. I could be chiseled into a beautiful figurative or abstract form. I would be something completely different from what I was before. I would change the perceptions of people and catch the eyes of art goers. It would change my jagged rock nature into a new experience. An expression of human will and creativity. 

I could be used to build a house or a bridge. I could also be left alone and weathered by nature and time. All full of potential. A rock that can ignite a fire or creativity. Alas, a fire of creativity! In a way I am a rock. Sometimes watching time go by around me and sometimes thrusted into a puddle creating waves while I sink to the bottom. A rock on land and a rock under water. A trans-terrestrial stone. Mountains, pebbles and grains of sand. 

DG

Comments

Popular Posts