Burn it all down, but not in my neighborhood!

 


---

BURN IT ALL DOWN!! That's right. The system. The establishment. And all that mess.

But here's the thing. Not in my neighborhood. Not on my property! 

These walls are secure. I'm basking in my own garden. My own personal comfort. A blissful sense of self realization. One could say that I am a king of my own castle. A master of my own domain. It's the outside world that needs to change! This can happen can't it? It can happen without the need to go out of my way? God knows, that this routine comfort is important and necessary to perpetuate this magnificent complacency. 

I trust what I am fed. All the alarming sounds of dread. It's the power structure that's the problem and all its trusty loyalists. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but a rebel in disguise. An upstanding citizen well intended on spouting my beliefs in bars and online. I'm a punk in sheep's clothing. I pay my taxes and want what is best for the world around me. Or at least my country! Who wouldn't want to try to be on the Right Side of History

"Power. They want power. Where's my piece of the pie? If I was king for a day I would be great. I think you know why."

Let's get this puppy going. This accelerating ideal. If we all want a revolution, then what is the big deal? This current system ain't working and I want to make a fuss, but I'm also too busy living my own little mess. Best I can do is channel all this anger, resentment and energy into a Contrarian type of Attitude. Rattle some feathers. Ring some bells. Tell the other side that they should go to... you know where. 

"Hello, our team is winning." 

It's all easy behind these screens. It almost gives me a license to be harsh and mean. I spout my ideology and throw it in your face. To a person across the globe. Such an illusory disgrace! We all need to wake up. To take arms and start a fight, but just don't let it interrupt my binge watching that tends to keep me up at night. It's the convenience that gets me. The simple push of a button. In a matter of hours I can have a new distraction. In a matter of days I can order a shirt that shows that I am part of The Resistance. Really, you know. Stick it to the man! At least the best I can. 

"Technology, oh technology! Lend me your ears. So I can use my words and treat them like spears!"

I'm comfortable, sure. Got a job, car and a couch. Got plenty of things to satiate my appetites and vices. It would suck to give up. To lose my subscriptions. To go out of my way to make a real difference. But I really feel like I'm doing my part. Posting online and speaking my mind. All this pent up resentment tends to not make me kind. I day dream of destruction. Of overthrowing the crooks. Of taking these politicians and rulers to task. To challenging the system and making up the utopia. A land free of corruption. Free of ills and assholes. A world of equal opportunities and virtuous plenties. A revolution is a midst even though I'm not really sure what it is. I've heard revolutions are for clocks, but we all know we need a new system. A better one. A more productive one. A more just one! I'm only a man. A lower middle class pawn. It's not power I really want, but a seat at the table. A chance to cast a vote in the company of like minded elders! 

This sign in my yard says it all. My virtues. My dreams. My societal ideals. It shows how good of a person I am. Even if I am confused in the space between my skull. My family and tribe are in the right. Maybe even morally superior. The patch I wear is hand sewn. Black and tattered like how I view my soul. I ride with a crew. Ideologically pure. A rag tag group of dissidents, but establishment pawns guided by fear. I wear my politics on my sleeve. Sometimes, quite literally! 

Project! Collect! Inspect! 

I'm for the current thing. The thing that seems right. I'll do my best to follow information with all my might. Sure, I'll slip up and only share headlines, but at least I'm doing my part. I won't be left in the dark. Are you doing your part or are you in an ignorant state? Are you sharing the good propaganda? The other side might be winning even if I don't have a clue. But we have to keep up with the resistance. If not for me, but for YOU!


DG



Comments

Popular Posts